Friday, May 13, 2011

Well, that took quite a while, didn't it?

Hello, everyone. Is there such a word as everyzero? Because I'm pretty sure no one checks this blog out, lol!

Anyway, I just wanted to blog about something. Wanted to put it in my private blog, but hey. It's something I'd like to share, and no, it's not one of my random, "Y U NO" crap or a GIF of some Red Ranger parading around his friends or anything. It's actually a genuine topic, which is

Death.

You and I, sooner or later, will die. I know you know that, and I know I know that. It's a fact - you see it everyday, on TV and stuff. People dying. Your family members die, your friends die. It's just how the world works.

But do you really understand it when you say you know you're going to die? Do you know what it means to die? It means leaving this world, all your material possessions, even your friends, and perhaps the hardest part is leaving your family behind (assuming you're close with your family, that is).

I dunno how to put this in words, because - well - everyone knows that death will come at some point in their lives. But - but do you understand what it means? You're leaving, it's your turn now! Do you get what I'm trying to say?

It's just funny sometimes. Well, most of the time. When you think of death, sometimes (mostly if you're still young) you would think that, "Yeah, it's a gruesome thing, but my turn is still a long way ahead." Now we all know that that's not true, because death can happen just like that - young or old, once it's time, it's time. Not a second early or late - death will come precisely when it should.

But...do you get what I mean here??

I guess it has - finally - sunk in for me. I am going to die.

This is huge.

This is serious.

Well, it's not like I didn't know I was gonna die - I know I am going to die - but...I just found out I'm going to die!

I came across this very good question once, although I can't quite remember where I found it, or what the exact words were. It's says something like, "Why do you think people are so scared of ghost movies where all the cast members get killed? Why do people run away from that violent serial killer with a knife? It's because we're scared of death. Why else would you run away from it?"

While it's also true that we run away from anything that could potentially hurt and/or kill us because it's our survival instinct, you cannot deny that we do run away from it because we're scared to die.

I know that there are people who would say that they aren't scared of death. Now, they are either a) very, very ready to meet with their Creator, or b) want to appear, I dunno, strong and brave? Well, maybe there are other reasons why people would say they're not scared of death, but I obviously don't know those reasons.

Why shouldn't you be scared of death? It's painful. I hate the thought of being in pain - and the pain you'll feel when you're dying is really intense, right? Even the Angel of Death feels pain when he takes his own life.

Dying also means your time is up. You can't do anything anymore for the hereafter - it's like when the invigilators ask you to put down your pen and stop writing at the end of your final exam. Except, well, death is a huge end of your huge exam - which is life.

Dying means...you have to prepare yourself while you're alive. Hey, it's easier said than done, right? I mean, look at me - I'm 20 this year and I've just recently realised, like, really really realised what it means to die.

But that doesn't make it easier for me to prepare myself for barzakh and the hereafter. It' still so dang difficult to not be lazy. Everyday, I wish I could perform better or concentrate better in my prayers. Sometimes I can concentrate, sometimes I can't.

(...Dad's smoking again. Gotta shut the door. Door's shut!)

Meh, I dunno. This finally came out as a rant, eh? Well, sorry. I just had to share my amazing discovery, which is: WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE.

But I wish to see death as a good thing, you know? Like, death: I'm one step closer to meeting my Creator. Wouldn't it be awesome, to have that kind of mentality? To always be ready to die, whenever, wherever?

Yeah. It took me 20 years to realise all this.

WHOAAAA~~~~~~~~~~

It was only when he had attained a great age
that the youngest brother finally took off the Cloak of Invisibility
and gave it to his son.
And then he greeted Death as an old friend,
and went with him gladly, and, equals,
they departed this life.
(The Tale of the Three Brothers)
Well, not the most appropriate thing to quote, but meh.

---

P/S: Is that...a box cookies I see on your table? Right...right there, behind you... *cranes neck* I want some. Gimme some. I want! D: (Oh, and your cat's got a hold of your homework. Just turn around, see that? See that? See it? Are you - are you looking at your ca --? *quickly steals cookies*)

No comments:

Post a Comment